Civil Services Exam
Equator Academy provides best quality IAS Coaching in Dehradun, now the aspirant of upsc no need to go delhi for the IAS coaching or Civil Services Coaching. We deliver good quality lectures, notes,and smart classes in dehradun, Uttarakhand.
What is Civil Services Exam ?
After passing the Graduation or during the Graduation many students thinks about to appear or start the preparation of IAS exam, but due to limited amount of knowledge they did not start there preparation.
Every year Civil services Exam or IAS Exam conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission of India). Through this CSE Exam UPSC fulfill the post of All India Services (IAS,IPS, and IFoS), Group-A and Group-B Services .
Every year more than 7 lakh students applied (Click here for more details..) from different parts of country for IAS prelims Exam, but half IAS aspirants gave the prelims Exam and rest of the candidate skip the prelims exam due to many reasons
• The short form of Indian Administrative Service is IAS. It is one of the prestigious services in India and among the 24 Group-A and Group B services for the which the UPSC conduct Civil Services Examination (CSE) every year for selecting the candidates.
• An officer selected into the Indian Administrative Service appointed as the collector, commissioner, head of public sector units, chief secretary, cabinet secretary etc. Not only the experience and challenges but also the scope of making positive changes in the Indian Society makes IAS a unique career choice.
1. The candidate must hold a PASS BACHELOR’S degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University, under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
2. Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination.
- Upper age limit for General category: 32 years.
Upper age limit for OBC: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for SC/ST: 37 Years.
- Upper age limit for Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir: 37 years.
- Upper age limit for Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service: 37 years.
- Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthographically handicapped persons (general category): 42 years.
Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts for IAS exam: General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
- The number of attempts for IAS exam: OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
- The number of attempts for IAS exam: SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
NB: Physically Handicapped /disabled candidates belonging to General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by UPSC – 42 years.
The candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), for other services, a candidate must be either:
b. a citizen of India.
CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (IAS EXAM PATTERN)
IAS Exam has been divided into three stages :-
IAS Preliminary Exam is MCQ TYPE and has Two Papers
1 Current events of national and international importance
2 History of India and Indian National Movement
3 Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
4 Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
5 Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
6 General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
7 General Science
2 Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3 Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4 Decision making and problem solving
5 General mental ability
6 Basic math skills (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude, etc. (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level
7 English comprehension skills (Class X level)
General Studies (Mains) – Syllabus
Paper – I Essay – Max: Marks:-250
Paper – II (Indian Heritage and Culture,History and Geography of the World and Society) Max: Marks:-250
Paper – III (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) Max: Marks:-250
Paper – IV (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) Max: Marks:-250
Paper – V (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) Max: Marks:-250
Paper – VI Optional Subject – Paper 1 Max: Marks:-250
Paper – VII Optional Subject – Paper II Max: Marks:-250
Language Paper Max: Marks:-300
English Paper Max: Marks:-300
List of IAS Books for Civil Services Prelims and Mains Exam Preparation
Every IAS aspirant has the question “What are the books needed to clear this Exam ?” Taking review from IAS||UKPCS toppers, a detailed list of the best IAS || UKPCS books available in the market as per the latest UPSC || Uttarakhand PSC syllabus for each subject in Prelims and Mains is given below.